CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Updates....

Not much has been happening around here. We had a fun weekend. It really started on Thursday night when the girls and I went to see the high school performance of Les Miserables. Allison's new boyfriend was one of the leads....and I have to say....it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! I've never been more proud of those high school kids. I was awestruck, as was the whole audience. It was a great night....with many tears, mostly because it was so amazing! Every time Phil ended a song, Allison would say, "I have a boyfriend that can sing!!!" She was so proud of him, too. :)
Friday night Chuck and I attended a friends 40th Birthday party. It was fun...it's been a long time since Chuck and I have been out on the town. I ended up being the photographer that night, and it was really fun. They haven't called to say anything too bad about the pictures, so hopefully they have a few good ones. (Minus the ones where my husband was break-dancing on the dance floor)
Saturday Chuck took Tanner pheasant hunting (and I secretly did a prayer that they wouldn't catch anything), but my prayers fell short, I guess. Tanner was so proud when they brought home dinner for the family. (No, I didn't try it...sorry, Chuck) I was in charge of bringing Mitch to hockey--which is always fun to watch. We, then, went to lunch with Lorrie and the kids, and did a little camera shopping afterwards. When we started out in the car, we were so excited to have all the kids together for lunch. Then, in the resteraunt, we thought, "What are we doing??" They had a ball, just giggling at each other. So cute....
Sunday was family fun day. We did a couple games of kick ball--which were tied--so we grabbed some potatoe sacks and did a few relay races (yeah, did you know that after 4 kids, hopping in a potatoe sack and laughing hysterically may 'cause you to need new underwear?) to break the tie. Didn't work--we were still tied, so we decided to do a pull-up contest! (You may all congratulate me on doing TWO!) So, we ended in a tie. :) We came back to our house for fetticcini alfredo, a yummy salad, ciabatta bread, and dessert! (Can you tell that's my favorite part??) It was a GREAT day! All of us (grownups) are a little sore today--but a good sore. :) I didn't have my camera, so sorry, no pictures. I'll be sure to bring it next week.
Today, Monday, was back to work and school (reluctantly). Nobody wanted to go, and I didn't want them to either. But, alas...it looks like sickness may be on the way in again. So, who knows how many kids I'll end up having home this week.
Poor Alaina is sick, and Tanner's friend got sick in school and needed a ride home today, so I was the lucky one to transport her. Poor girl. Allison is home tonight from hockey due to aches and a sore throat--thank you, Phil. :)......My day, tomorrow, looks like rubber gloves and disinfectant......:(

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Your family fun day sounds so fun! Don't forget your camera next time (:
Hopefully only Allison will be sick this time around. Alaina is home today and I am still debating on bringing her in-I am thinking strep throat... Sawyer misses you today (:

Peace is every step said...

Is family fun day something you do as a family or an organized event? Sounds great! All I can think about is Mom peeing her pants while doing the tire thing!:)

I wish I had a boyfriend that sang. Maybe I can add one on the side:). I did shave my legs this weekend.