CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The J's hotel/quarantined household

There was a "no vacancy" sign outside our 'hotel' on Friday night. We had, what seemed like, a small tournament of 9 and 10 year old hockey players staying in our upstairs bonus room, after an impromptu 'slumber party' (do 10 yr. old boys call it that?). The night was filled with hockey tournaments on XBox, many, many spilled cans of pop (Did I mention there were MANY spills?), and movies before crashing for the night (reluctantly). They all stayed til noon the next day, playing (you guessed it) HOCKEY!!! Their parents had a hard time getting them to leave. :)

On Saturday morning we were off early for hockey practice and scrimmage. Yes, this is our life for the rest of the winter. Allison had her first scrimmage against a team that went to state last year, and didn't let in a single goal! YIPEE!! I'm so excited for this year.--During her scrimmage, Mitch had his practice in the other arena. He's so cute on the ice....he's the littlest one, but is such a good listener and tries to do exactly what his coach is telling them to do.

After that, we hosted our neighbors three children for the night while they were out of town. We popped popcorn and watched 'Evan Almighty'. Or should I say "I" watched the movie--they all fell asleep 30 seconds into it. I love that movie!!

Sunday morning I made a big breakfast since we had an extra hour of sleep, and still had plenty of time to get ready for church. I took the two older neighbor kids with me, and my Sunday school class was bursting at the seams. Fun, though!

After that, I went home and watched the Vikings beat the San Diego Chargers!!! YAY! Once I got my quick rest, we played a game of football outside for our family fun day. You won't believe this, but I got my first touchdown! Yeah....I'm awesome....:) The kids were pretty proud, since I usually have butter fingers and drop, or fumble the ball.

Once that was over, it was already Sunday night, and time to head home to get the kids ready for school the next day. We had the privilage of watching our other neighbors two children for Sunday and Monday night. Our neighbor, and friend, Chad's sister has cancer and was having surgery at the Mayo clinic to remove a tumor on her spine. The surgery went well, but they weren't able to remove the whole thing....so they will be doing massive chemo and radiation treatments after she heals. Keep her in your prayers...


On Monday morning Mitch developed a case of the runs....sorry to be so gross. He was sick AALLLL day, and didn't quite make it to the bathroom on numerous occasions. :( Poor boy. He is still sick with it today, and Tanner also developed it this morning. So, yes, we are quarentined, as well. All those poor kids that were here all weekend were exposed. Yuck, I may have a few upset parents on my hands. The one that was the happiest to have the boys home was Sawyer...as you can see by his face. I tried to keep them away.....sorry, Lor.

3 comments:

My Lifesong said...

You guys need to slow down on the weekends...which doesn't sound like that's going to happen soon. But you do great things with your family, so it's all really worth it. Take care of yourselves, and get well soon.

Lorrie said...

Busy, busy! It is a good thing you like Hockey is all I have to say. I am glad Angie's surgery went o.k. I kept meaning to ask you-too bad they couldn't get it all and she has to go through all that chemo and radiation and a single mom....poor thing!
Congrats on the touchdown! Oh, and if Sawyer ends up with the runs, I know where to bring him (:

Chris said...

Yeah, Lorrie, I'm quite used to cleaning up that mess after Monday, BUT cleaning up a diaper with that mess is quite a different story! If he gets it, just think of it as a vacation day! ;)