CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We are finally moving!!

Yes, I think this is it! I also think I've been saying that for 5 months now. But I really think this is the weekend. The gas company is finishing up today, hooking up our fireplace--which we will be needing soon if the weather stays like it is, and finishing up our gas ovens in the kitchen. I refuse to move in without the use of my cooktops and griddle. I feel like I haven't cooked a good meal in the year it's taken to build this house. We have been temporarily living in a spec home that my husband built. It's a little cramped--with three bedrooms and two baths for 6 people, but, hey, it could have been the camper (which Chuck, half kiddingly, suggested last Oct.). This house we're temporarily in is beautiful, and I will miss it. It's just not "home." I think the main reason is we don't have a thing on the walls, or even a picture of our family or children anywhere to be seen. We packed all of it away in storage since we knew we would move again. So, to me, it's very sterile. I told Chuck, this is the FINAL move! He is a contractor, and would love to keep building homes, move into them, sell them for a profit until we make enough to pay cash for our dream home. It's a great plan, and we know of numerous contractors that do that, but I want a home to stay in, to raise the kids in, and when they move on I want them to come home to the house they loved as kids.

I'll post pictures today of our new home. Say a prayer that everything goes smoothly.

2 comments:

Julie B said...

YEAH!!! Good luck, I hope everything turns out THIS time, and that you are truly moved in this weekend!!
Can't wait for the pics!

Kaylyn said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!