CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 14, 2007

A Fond Farewell to our 4-wheelers


Yes, we sold our 4-wheelers. Let's all rejoice!!
The reason I say this is because, after much heartache in the last month, after the sudden death of one of Ashley's good friends due to a 4-wheeler accident, I just couldn't bear to have them in my garage. I would be on pins and needles at the sound of one of the engines starting....which wasn't very often, mind you, after the accident. I told Chuck that I just can't let them ride anymore. I can't do it...knowing that those things could kill them if they tip over. We did follow MANY rules, like no riding in ditches, always wearing helmets, no two people riding together, and so on, but they're young and don't think that anything can happen to them. I see Levi's Mom (the child that died) every day, and seeing her heartbreak made this sale so easy. Does that make sense? I just can't imagine losing a child...and I'll do anything possible to protect them (like any Mom). We had a few tears (mainly from Mitchell) after we told them that we're selling them. (We didn't tell him that they are already gone) But I think they all understand and didn't put up any fights or arguments.
So.....so long 4-wheelers!

2 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Yay! Oh, how I worried about those four wheelers. I can't tell you how many kids I've seen with life changing injuries from those things.....

Now, on to the trampolene.... :)

Julie B said...

YEAH!! Hearing story after story about those things, I really think you made the right decision.