CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 21, 2007

A kink in the neck.

O.k. does anyone have any wisdom on kinks in the neck? No, not our husbands or kids (hee hee), I mean, literally a kink in the neck! I've been dealing with this PAINFUL thing for a week now. I think it happened during the move, and I woke up one night with it. It starts at the top of my head, travels down the right side of my neck, between my should blades and down my right arm. I can barely type on my computer--and you know how awful THAT is! :) I've been popping motrin for a week--every 3 hours, as I can't stand the ache. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Sorry, I'm no help. I've got a perpetual kink o'the neck over here.

Chiropractor? Massage? Sounds like a good excuse to have a good chair massage--they're not too expensive.

you could always go to the kandi mall and sit in a massaging chair. :)

Julie B said...

Have you tried heat on it? I have gotten those a few times, and the heating pad was my best friend :)

Oh that and massage...Greg was great at that! Sometimes even just massaging around the area and back helps.
And hot baths....

I feel for you-those are not fun! I hope it goes away soon!

Lorrie said...

I get those pretty often and I have Jon massage it for a long time and it really helps-but if you still have it after this many days, I would see a chiropractor-they work wonders so I hear!

The Spirit said...

My oldest sister slept on the sofa because she was the oldest and there wasn't any room for her in the bedrooms (three bedrooms ten kids and one of those bedrooms was Mom and Dads so that left nine kids, two bedrooms). Alice (the oldest) would get up every morning with a stiff neck because she slept with her head on the sofa arm. Mom or someone would sneak up behind her every morning and yank her head in the opposite direction of the kink and wa-la the kink was gone! After about ten minutes of screaming by Alice.

Chris said...

O.k. I think it's better. Or, it'll have to be, 'cause I don't want you sneaking up behind me and do that! Yikes! My neck hurts just thinking about it...

Julie B said...

anyone else get the giggles over seeing "The Spirit says...."

:)-

Chris said...

I do now! :)

The Spirit said...

Bo!