CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

We got the house!

The house is ours! Whew! We now have a future home...thank GOD! I was a little worried that we would be livin' off the land with the elk, fightin' them for a small amount of green grass that's available.....I have a feeling they would win.
We are able to move in on the 1st of June. Chuck is going to paint the exterior before we arrive....I don't think I'd be able to pull up to a sea-foam green house and be excited about it. :) It has cedar ciding, so we will paint it a lovely cedar color.
The next step is to register the kids for summer activities, and get paperwork for registering them for school next year. Tanner really wants to try lacrosse. That is one sport I know nothing about. They say it's like hockey but you are running and have to catch the ball with your stick-thingy. (What is that called anyway?) So, I'm looking into that. It's so nice to have the internet, you can register the kids online, and we don't even have to be there. Mitchell wants to do soccer, of course. I think he would try ANYTHING. He's so excited about every sport. I love that about him. :)
Ashley isn't sure what she wants to do, if anything. Allison is going to be looking for a job.

We decided to sell our camper and Chuck's big diesel truck and camp the real mountain way....in a tent! We had to bribe the boys a little, telling them we will be able to buy a really cool tent, along with some really sweet camping supplies. We also told them that we're all going to get new mountain bikes, too. (I accidentely called them dirt bikes, and Mitch thought we were all getting the motorized kind. He was a little disappointed to find out that I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

Nothing new to report on the selling of this house, unfortunetly.

Send up prayers today for Chuck's Dad who is in surgery at this moment to replace a valve. He will be 'under the knife' for 6 to 8 hours. A little tough on an 81 yr. old body. He's absolutely a positive thinker, and it's helped him get through many surgeries. Praying that he will have the same outcome as the others.

Due to the surgery, we will be hosting the prom dinner at our house tomorrow afternoon! They are having chicken kiev and rice pilaf, salad, corn, fruit kabobs, strawberry lemonade and cheesecake.
Allison and I went to an antique dealer yesterday and rented some FABULOUS jewelry. It was so fun--it really makes her look like a princess. Can't wait to show you all! It doesn't sound like it'll be a very nice day, weather-wise, tomorrow, so no outdoor pictures will be taken unless it clears up later in the afternoon.
I'll try and post pictures tomorrow night, as we will be at the hospital all day Saturday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

Julie B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That must be a relief, although I am smiling at the thought of you all living off the land :)
Can't wait to see pictures! Have you had many to look at your current house?
Lacrosse is huge down here! I think Greg used to play-I know he played soccer up through college. Thats great that you can get them registered and all online-it will be nice for them to jump right in when they get there.

My thoughts are on you and Chuck's dad today...hoping it all goes well and he is able to have a quick recovery.

Oh-and good luck with Prom this weekend! I am so excited to see the photos!

Kaylyn said...

YAHOOO!!!! Congrats on the house! What a praise! I can't wait to see pictures!

Oh- and Brent played Lacrosse in High School and LOVED it! I have been to a couple games of some of our youth and I had the best time watching those guys hit each other with sticks. So funny.

Hope everything went well with surgery...please update us!

Peace is every step said...

Yay! One more thing off your shoulders (has your twitch went away yet?).

Please update us on Chuck's dad.

And post pics!

Chris said...

My twitch has dwindled a little bit. It must be stress related. Thanks for asking! :)
Chuck's Dad is doing great. He amazes me after every surgery he has. He's a strong fellow...that's where Chuck gets it I guess. He'll be getting out on Thurs. if all goes well. He had us laughing our butts off on Sat. I just love that man!
I'll post pics of the house soon. Need a spare moment!