CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 28, 2008

A great, productive hubby/wife weekend.

I am home from Colorado. It feels great to be home. The flights were o.k. The trip there was fine until we were descending into Denver and we could see the dust storm across the flatlands. It made me a little nervous, especially when the pilot reported that we would have a bumpy landing. The poor lady next to me was throwing up in her little puke bag. I was glad that I wasn't at that point. Poor thing. When the plane landed, safely thank GOD, Chuck texted me to see how I was. He was watching the wind pick up and knew I would be having a hard time. I replied that he better figure out where the nearest liquor store was! :) After I calmed down--it took quite a while--we cozied in after supper and watched a movie. Chuck was so cute, he said that I was his first visitor in his apartment since the kids and I left 6 weeks ago. He was making me food, bringing me coffee in the morning, worried that I was cold/hot. I felt like we were dating again, when he used to dote on me all the time. I hated leaving him.

It was a productive weekend, too. We saw our fair share of houses. Some were o.k., others were, "Oh my....I can't believe you brought me to see THIS!!!" Chuck can obviously see the house's 'future' potential. I look at it and see that we have to live in the existing condition UNTIL we are able to remodel. There are many that just won't do.....sorry Chuck. :)

While I was away, we had a very promising showing here at this house. Please say a prayer everyone!! AND we made an offer on a house in Colorado. It is the one I had mentioned before--the one by the high school....the fixer-upper. So, this week will be a big news week--hopefully. Our two choices were this house and one that was way up in the mountains. We wanted to buy the beautiful log home on top of a gorgeous mountain, surrounded by breathtaking beauty. The owners were the nicest people, too. They just made you want to buy from them. BUT, the house was pretty remote, and was on a gravel road that was very steep. The older kids would have to ride the bus for at least an hour each way to school. Sometimes in the spring, when the snow was melting, you literally slid down the hill--not to mention how you would get back up once you were down. Then, we hung out at the house by the school just to get a feel of the area. While we were there, the fields were full of families playing soccer, lacrosse, baseball, you name it. It just made you want to get out there and play, too. It was so US! Lots of young families, but also some high schoolers, too. Right next to the high school is a community center with an outdoor playground and skate park that the boys could use every day if they wanted. So, as you can tell, the decision was made. I can see us being happy there. So, we'll see if they accept our offer. (fingers crossed)
We tried the local fare, also. Some really great little restaurants (the yummiest crispy chicken salad I've ever had), rib joints (I think you need a Harley to feel at home here), and wine bars ("No reservation?? Sorry"--we went back there for lunch the next day) Everyone was extremely friendly and promised we would love it there.

This week promises to be a busy one. Chuck's Dad is having heart surgery :( sometime this week. We're not sure what day exactly, but it is a risky one, so send up prayers.
Allison's prom is on Friday and I'm making them dinner. We haven't come up with the menu yet--that's on my list today. We pick up her dress today, hopefully they took the hem up enough. I'm afraid she will always have the dilemma. :) She gets her nails done tomorrow! Oh, this is soooo fun!
Chuck's renting a convertible for them to drive; hopefully she doesn't have to wear her winter coat with her prom dress. ha!ha!
Tanner has his final band concert tomorrow night, so I'll have to tape that for Daddy.

I'm hoping to keep everyone up to date on the news this week, but may have to post about everything this weekend. Who am I kidding--I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

5 comments:

Julie B said...

sounds like a good weekend, and that you made the best choice in housing. Do you feel better about the house now?
Can't wait to hear any updates!

Good luck getting it all done this week!

Peace is every step said...

Pictures? I'd love to see the house & the town & everything.

What a sweet husband, he always loved his little Chrissie.

One of these nights I'll try to call you, I keep falling asleep with the kids when I put them to bed!!

Kaylyn said...

Praying!!

Chris said...

Julie--I don't know if I feel 'better' about the house after seeing it, but I do see the potential. It'll be fantastic when it's all finished. I have to say, it's about the size of your house...maybe a touch smaller. We will make do for now...it'll be good for us. :)
Dani, I'll try and post the better pictures of the house. Don't expect too many of the outside. :)

Peace is every step said...

Chris, your talking to fixer-upper central here! Only there is no fixing upping plan in our cards any time soon:(. No need for censorship girl.

I need a visual to see where you all will be residing for it to be real:).