CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm soooo behind...

In the posting department, that is! I still haven't had a chance to post Easter pics yet. I just never seem to have time on the computer lately. Here are a few updates on what we've been up to:

We had Chuckie home for the weekend--and had so much fun. On Thursday the kids and I decorated the house with baloons and streamers, and signs to welcome him home. He wasn't getting home until 1:00 a.m. that night and the kids wanted to surprise him. Here is the sign that Mitch made for Chuck. We thought it was so precious!

We thought the "We loved you" part was the cutest thing.

On Friday, Chuck and I went out for coffee in the morning, and spent the rest of the day running errands together. Something we haven't done 'together' in years. After the kids got home, we went out to our favorite resteraunt, ran to the grocery store (we haven't been in the grocery store together in years, either.) It was actually a blast...running down the isles with our carts...the girls getting into it, too. We loaded up on junk food--yes, Dad couldn't say 'no' to any on them--grabbed some movies, and headed home to watch them all. We were up so late, but nobody wanted the day to end.

On Saturday we went to Chuck's hometown for a memorial for his aunt. There was a lot of family there that he hasn't seen in years, so that was nice to catch up with them. One of Allison's and my favorite things to do is to sit and listen to Chuck's Dad talk about stories of when he was younger. His Dad is reaching the ripe age of 81 this year, and we've heard a lot of these stories before, but we never get enough of them. Some of our favorites are the stories of his teenage years...of his friends named 'Buckeyed' Sampson (?), 'Cornfed' Hanson (don't ask), and the infamous 'One Dollar Necktie' Schmidt (it seems he bought a necktie for a dollar when they were selling for $.50, and the name stuck). Alli and I get tears from laughing so hard. A new one we heard this weekend was about the time he almost burned down the barn and he got so scared that he ran away and hid in the woodchip pile. While he was hiding, he fell asleep and everyone was looking for him everywhere. When they found him, everyone was so happy that they forgot to give him woopin' (his words) for almost burning the barn down. :)

Saturday night was spent with the neighbors eating taco in a bag. We've really missed being together, and the kids really miss the Family Fun days. Now that spring is here, we have to get in a few before we move.

On Sunday we celebrated Mitchell's birthday with his friends at the YMCA. He had a blast playing basketball and swimming.

We came home afterward to get Chuck packed up to head to the airport. It was really hard letting him go this time. We kept saying, to ourselves, "It's only 11 more days until we see each other again."
I think this has been the hardest on Tanner. He misses him so much, and I think he would pack up everything and move tomorrow if he could. Last night he asked me if I could help him think of ways to make money. After a little prying, he said it was so that he can help pay for a house. He's such a sweet boy. I've seen a little slip in his school work, too, so I'm conversing with his teachers about that. He says, every night, "Mom, I keep thinking about all the kids that don't have their Dads 'cause they're fighting in the war, and I think 'This isn't so bad.'" He has a lot he's dealing with right now. :(
Everyone say a little prayer for us. Chuck found a house that would be perfect. We're waiting to hear back from the owners. If everything goes well, I'll be traveling there in the next couple weeks, and then I'll be able to post pictures. :) I'm not getting my hopes up....I'm not getting my hopes up....
Last night Allison, Phil (Alli's boyfriend) and I went to order his tux and pick out shoes for Alli. They had altered her dress already, so she tried it on. When she came out of the dressing room, Phil says, "You look amazing." He couldn't stop staring at her. It was so sweet, and I think I got a little tear in my eye. :) BUT...part of me wanted to say, "Stop looking at my baby that way!" Those two are going to look amazing together. Can't wait to take pictures of them to show you! Prom is May 2nd, so be ready for pictures on May 3rd!
This morning Sawyer and I started a new dancing/excercising dvd. I feel a little soreness in my abdomen (exactly what I wanted) already, and can't wait to do it again tomorrow! He just sat there and giggled at me. I felt a little self conscious.....

6 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Oh, so much to say!
I am so happy you got to spend time with your hubby! I about cried with that line from Tanner about the dads in Iraq. I am so excited to see this house...and I totally understand about getting your hopes up. No worries- God always has the perfect home in mind for you all- a place he can use you most!
I would be thinking the same thing about Phil- cute but stop looking! :)
I can't wait to see prom pictures!!! Is she really that old already? Geesh.
So when can we plan our trip to Colorado?

-Kaylyn

Chris said...

AHHHH...you guys are welcome ANY time! It all depends on what you want to do/see when you come. Of course there's skiing in the winter, but I also found a neat place that offers a sleigh ride to a little cabin in the woods, and once there they serve you this fantastic meal. Very cozy, and beautiful.
I've been looking at stuff to do during the summer--we have quite a few visitors coming already this summer--and they have TONS of stuff...from white water rafting (various levels), horseback riding, fly-fishing, alpine slides...just a ton of stuff. So, you have to decide what you'd like to do! Here I am, getting all excited and I don't even know if you're serious. :) Just know that you are welcome ANYTIME!

Kaylyn said...

We are serious! Maybe in Jan or Feb of next year we can come. I would love to do the sleigh ride!!!!

Julie B said...

GOOD LUCK with the house! How exciting and scary...all in one! Hopefully you receive good news soon-it would be great to already have a house to move into when you get there! How is house selling going?
That's so sweet that the kids decorated the house for Chuck! I am sure he loved coming home to that! Tanner is such a sweetie-I loved the Iraq comment too.

It sounds like you all had a great weekend-busy of course! Mitchell looks like he had a great time at his party-I am sure he loved that Chuck could be there for it.

I can't wait to see Prom photos! How exciting. that is sweet about Phil-I would also feel the same way as you would with someone looking at my girls like that!

Thanks for the update!

Peace is every step said...

I love the "we loved you", it made me burst out laughing...as did the photos of the birthday party!

I hope you get the perfect house in the perfect spot. Let it fall into place & it will surely be that.

For some reason I thought "he can't see Alli with her dress on before the day!" like they are getting married or something :).

We thought about coming down this weekend, but we are in a BLIZZARD WARNING!! How crazy is that?!?!?

Lorrie said...

I know I talk to you in person about all this so it is hard to comment again on it (: I love the pictures of Mitch's b-day party. I love the picture of Jonnie leaping in the air! Also, I told Sawyer to dance with me tonight and he said "Didty"(Chrissy) as he was dancing around smiling (: I thought that was adorable....