CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update on the house situation...

We may have found our house. No, it is not the house I previously posted about, but a different one. The owners accepted our offer, and I'll be traveling there next weekend to see it. I will admit to you, I'm struggling a bit with this one. Haven't been able to sleep much in the last two nights. This house is under our budget, which is great, but it is definitely a fixer-upper/add-on-er. A few things need to be done right away...like put in an egress (sp?) window in one of the lower level bedrooms, fix the deck, PAINT THE EXTERIOR!!!!, and shingles. But, overall, I think it's what we need to buy right now. It has great potential--very easy to add onto, and it's right across the street from the high school the kids will be attending. Mitch, Alli and Ashley can all walk to school. Ashley is not happy that it's right across the street. She says that she doesn't want to look out her window and see the school---constant reminder, I guess. :) But, the football field/lacrosse field are right across the street, and the boys love that idea. So...what am I struggling with, you ask?? It's the size, I'll admit. I can't imagine us all living in this little house. I know, I know...I've been very spoiled these last few years. But, reality time is setting in, I guess. This will be very good for me...I just need to suck it up!! It is just taking me a few days to really let it sink in to my brain. My mind wanders to the future addition, and what I want it to look like. We are so lucky that Chuck is so handy and will be able to do all of the work himself. I'm anxious to get to the landscaping and planting.
One of the things I'm really excited about (or should I say two) are the fireplaces. They have one upstairs and downstairs. Those snowy, windy winter nights will be cozy by the fireplace. I'm trying really hard to let go of all the "wants" in my life and to focus more on the "needs." (Thank you, Kaylyn!) This is such a learning experience, and a good one at that, for all of us. Chuck and I are commited to living simpler lives from here on in, taking time to enjoy the outdoors and get our butts moving. He's already talking about purchasing mountain bikes for all of us. Look out, Shawn, here we come!! So, lots of changes going on here.

Do you think my reoccurring, very annoying eyelid muscle twitch has anything to do with all of this 'change'?

5 comments:

Kaylyn said...

You are already blessed beyond measure with that beautiful family of yours- just look at this time all squeezed together to be a chance to get closer to each other...that's what the apartment did for us! So happy you found a house! Can't wait to come see it!

Julie B said...

I am sorry to hear your struggling, although I am sure this new house will still be much larger then ours :) Just remember how we were raised-our house wasn't huge and it honestly never occurred to me that it was too small...and I think it really helped us all to remain close-as there was no escape :) Your kids are getting older, this extra family bonding will be good for you all :)
I do know how difficult it is to struggle with wants vs. needs. I think its a struggle for everyone. We also struggle with what we would like to do to the house and what we need to do to the house. It must be especially hard for you since your not there yet-so its easy to imagine it smaller then it really is.
OK-I am totally rambling, can you tell I don't want to get back to work? I can't wait to see pictures and hear more updates! Hang in there, take one day at a time! Love ya!

Peace is every step said...

Hey Chris, I read this post a week ago & have been chewing on it awhile. I feel for you right now. I can sense what you're feeling behind your words. Just want you to know we love you up north and are sending our positive energy your way. I sense it feels as though your life is getting flipped upside down right now. Be mindful of what this life is really all about & what you hold dear. With this, you will never be dissapointed.

Peace & light & abundant love to you!!!

Chris said...

Thank you all so much. I'm definetly feeling upside down, inside out, anything but right side up. Forgive me if I ramble in the coming days...my posts will probably reflect my ever-changing mood swings. Love you guys.

My Lifesong said...

Chris, my heart goes out to you, as I know the struggles you are facing. Leaving behind close friends, and family, moving from a larger, to smaller place...it all seems overwhelming, BUT would you at this time and place make a different choice than the one you both are making now for the family? You know why these changes need to be made, and it will improve your lives in the long run. We,as your family, will always be here for you. Trust God to direct you in the days ahead, and bring you peace and serenity. and may He keep you safe on your trip to Colorado this weekend.