CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm outa here!!

For the weekend, that is. I'm flying to Colorado today to visit Chuck for the weekend. We have a list of houses to look at, a fly-fishing date on Saturday morning (if the weather cooperates), and some choice resteraunts to try out. I'm really looking forward to spending time with him. He's so excited, too, I think....I hope. :)
My only trepidation is the kids. They are scattered in every direction. They will be fine, I know, but there is always so much prep work. Allison is trying to plan out her prom dinner--which I'm cooking--and getting decorations for this weekend. I'm sad that I'm not here to help her. Ashley's shopping with a friend--her favorite thing to do, Tanner is staying at the neighbor's and is in charge of the dog--Yikes!--and Mitch is heading home with Lorrie to play with his bestest friend. Thank you all for helping out! I woke up this morning and was scanning through Tanner's school news and found out that he has a choir concert tonight...that I never heard anything about! I asked him about it, and he says, "Oh yeah." UGH! I keep telling him that I feel sorry for his future wife--she'll have no idea what's going on, he forgets EVERYTHING! :) So, I have to find a ride for him...and I'm very bummed that I'll be missing it. Mom's live for this stuff, right? Just one more added stress.
And if everyone knows how much of a nervous flier I am, you know how churny (is that a word?) my stomach is today. O.k. I don't want to talk about that subject any more.

But--I am excited to go! I'm actually excited to GET THERE. The leaving part is difficult. I'll be sure to take pictures (hopefully of some houses) and post the good ones here. I may even need to take a vote. :)
Have to get off this computer! I'm known for my procrastination--especially when I'm on a time crunch. Have a great weekend everyone. LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Have a great trip Chris! I actually sort-of enjoyed flying this week. It's the by myself thing-I do much better than if I'm with someone.

Lorrie said...

I can't wait to see some of the house pictures! I am jealous of you getting to spend some quality Husband and wife time-something we haven't done in awhile (: Don't worry about Mitch-he is having a great time and we love having him-is there any easier kid? I don't think so-puke on my bathroom floor and all (: He is doing good, by the way (: