CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our Christmas Tree

This year we opted for a real tree to decorate our new home. We haven't ever had a real tree due to Chuck's, Allison's, and Mitchell's allergies and asthma. This year, and almost every year, Chuck begged for one, and so we decided to get a real one. Not just any real one....one from our own land. You see, underneath our beautiful 10 acres lies a pipeline. A very large, high speed gas pipeline. It's a little freaky thinking about it, but, like everyone says...the whole town has gas pipeline's running through it. Anyway, it runs diagonal from one corner to the next, and we can't build anything 50 feet on either side of it. That's o.k. with us, we love the wildness of it. Anyway--we received a visitor from the pipeline company during the week of Thanksgiving informing us that they were coming to tear down all the trees 25 feet on each side of the pipeline on our land. We were disgusted. They said that they have to be able to visualize the pipeline from the air for maintenance purposes. I've been so sad about it--and plan on NOT being here on the day they do it. All of our trees that block us from the road will be gone...sniff sniff. So, needless to say, Chuck and Tanner walked through the path that they will be cutting to see what tree would be perfect for Christmas. This is what they came home with.......


And this is what it looked like after a days worth of decorating! It was very fun...it even had pine cones still attached!
Here's some other decorations that we did yesterday....
This was just the beginning of the snow storm.

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

Wow, it's huge! I can't wait to see it in person! I am sure it smells good (: Hopefully no living creatures will jump out at you like the Griswalds (:

Anonymous said...

(YAY, I can comment! This thing is such a mystery to me... sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.) I love your tree! I love real ones... always an essential in our house growing up. I hope yours doesn't bother the allergy-sufferers in your house, though. I've been wanting to get a tree really bad, but the weather has been too nasty. Adam said we could get a pretty big one since our living room ceiling is pretty high (we live on the top floor of the complex), but I'm not so sure I want to be hauling anything big up the stairs. :) I did manage to hang a lighted garland over our fireplace, and attempted to hang some other lights... and failed. :) Oh well, my garland makes the place feel at least a teeny tiny bit festive! Now all we really need is a little baby to snuggle up with and watch the snow fall...

Chris said...

Maja--I love that you can comment, too! You should check our cousin Kaylyn's blog for some very inexpensive, and adorable, ways to decorate for Christmas. I'll post it for you.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Here's Kaylyn's links:

followingforward@blogspot.com

or:

dunlaplove@blogspot.com

Kaylyn said...

What a perfect Christmas tree!! We are finally getting a real one this year too and I am so excited! I love how tall it is and really accents your tall ceilings! It is so grand. So sad they are cutting down all those trees!

Julie B said...

love your tree! We always get a real one too...can't miss out on the Bernhardt Xmas Tree Expedition!

Sorry to hear about your trees...I would be so sad too! Why do they suddenly need to see it now?

Chris said...

According to the pipeline worker, they have extra funding this year and can finally do it. Chuck asked if they can use that funding on anything more important than our little trees. Allison and her boyfriend want to skip school and handcuff themselves to the trees so they can't do it. :)