CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mitchell's pick on Family Fun Day

Our family was the host of family fun day this past weekend. We had a snow storm on Saturday afternoon, so no more playing football or soccer outside for the winter, I'm afraid. So....Mitchell picked BOWLING!! We had a lot of fun--or should I say 'most' of us had a good time. The teenagers (the boys) thought that bowling shouldn't be considered a sport and thought it was lame. :( Oh well, the idea is to get us doing things we normally wouldn't do, so this fit the bill perfectly for them. We showed them that you don't have to be perfect at the game to have fun--it was just as fun watching balls be thrown down lanes that weren't even ours!


Here, some of us are getting shoes on.....
Here's half the clan. Sorry it's so blurry, I must have been excited.
Afterward we came back to our house for chicken lasagna, and regular lasagna. Absolutely no leftovers--so everyone must have gotten a workout! :)

4 comments:

Julie B said...

I love bowling! I can't wait for the girls to be old enough to go :)
Sounds like a fun time!

Lorrie said...

I love bowling, too! Sounds like a fun time to me (:

Peace is every step said...

Bowling is the best---Julie, you should totally take them-they have these little shoot things the girls can but their ball on and bumpers so they won't have gutters. It's a blast & a one game is just long enough. Neve & Aidan love it.

The Spirit said...

I remember when I was a teenager (yeah, I know it was a long time ago!)and most of the things we called "square" (lame)we really enjoyed...we just didn't want to admit it. and they probably weren't good bowlers, its kinda hard showing off to the girls while they're beating you bowling!