CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Blizzard, fonduing, Wizard of Oz, cookie decorating...

Yes, that was done all on one day...whew! We were (kind of) snowed in on Sunday, and we were completely done with our Christmas shopping--yay! yay!--so we decided to make some memories. One of our favorite meals is fondu. It doesn't matter what we're making, we all LOVE it! Chuck and I love it because it allows us to sit and visit with the kids while our food is cooking. I'm telling you...our lunch lasted for an hour and a half! It was HEAVEN!! We laughed and talked about Christmas's past, and our favorite memories. We made plans for the future and talked about our dreams. It was priceless. It's amazing what a few chunks of meat, oil and different sauces to dip them into can lead to. They are now asking when can we do it again....
Our beautiful fondu pot. The best lunch ever!

After we ate and cleaned up, the kids and I rolled out some Christmas cookies and decorated them. I made some frosting that you had to use a paint brush to apply, and the kids all got into it. They turned out so cute!










THEN....We're off to see the Wizard...Ashley, Mitch and I cozied up to watch the Wizard of Oz and I knitted my life away...

Hope everyone was able to have at least one day of relaxation and fun with their families.

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Awww, what a great day! I love the fondue pot and what a great conversation-those are the best kind!

Julie B said...

sounds like a great day! I was also determined to have Christmas Eve a relaxing one...we did cookies too :)