CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 21, 2007

Update on Ashley and the play...

Well, yesterday, she came dancing out of school to our car! I could tell right then that it was a good day for her. She said that she and a few other girls got called down to the office (at which point I thought, "Where is the good news here?") for a CALLBACK!! They each had to reread parts, and some had to sing again. She is up for one of the main parts. The character is Greta, or Gert or something like that...forgive me Ashley. I guess the character is very annoying, with a very obnoxious laugh, and she gets in numerous fights in the play. One of the fights calls for actually rolling around the stage. She is sooooo ecstatic, I can't even tell you! The best part, she says, is that she doesn't have to sing a solo! Way less pressure, I guess.

It's not confirmed yet, but it looks very promising. The performance isn't until March, so I'm sure you'll hear a lot about it in the coming weeks....or months.

I'm so proud of her, I could burst!

2 comments:

Peace is every step said...

WAY TO GO ASHLEY!!!!!!! We would LOVE to see you in OOOOOOO.....KlahomA!

Lorrie said...

Yay!!! I knew you would get a lead role-you are a natural! I CAN'T wait to see you perform in March- Way to GOOOOOOO!!