CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Our insane weekend!






Our weekend started out with a Halloween/Belated 16th Birthday party for Allison, equiped with a dj, disco ball, costume wearing frenzy out in our garage! Prior to the party, it took Chuck 16 hours total to actually clean up the garage--did I mention how much I hate moving? So....Thurs. night and Friday consisted of decorating the garage and food gathering(which took 2 hours at the grocery store).




This group of kids always amazes me! I say that, because the dj kept commenting on how this group doesn't like the "typical" songs that he normally plays for this age group--meaning hip hop or rap. They danced to the 'Electric Slide' (one of my favorites), and 'Macarena' and other group dance songs like that. (Yeah, I won't pretend I know them) Then, at around 10:00 p.m. they decided they had enough dancing, told the dj thanks, then grabbed a movie and went to the bonus room to chill. I just love that! They were so cool with each other, and danced together as a group--no close dancing or inappropriate moves. I was impressed. The two neighbor girls came over (they are 9 and 8) dressed in their costumes, and everyone danced with them, too. So, yeah, you can say they LOVED it!




On Saturday, Mitch started hockey, and Tanner had his last try-out to find out which team he will be on this season. He was a happy boy when he recieved the news that he made it on the team he wanted. YIPEE.....TANNER!!! Way to go! Mitch was just excited to be on skates again.




I spent the day cleaning and cooking food for Sunday. Allison was confirmed on Sunday afternoon. We had 32 people here for lunch and dessert.


I'll admit, I was a little choked up all morning and afternoon yesterday. I just kept looking at my little girl--who's not so little anymore--and I was filled with so much pride. Each confirmand had to write a faith statement; and, to be honest, hers just blew me away. She had three full pages of what her faith means to her, and every time I read it--yeah, you already know--I bawl! She was so nervous to have me read it; mainly because she wasn't sure if she wrote it right. I told her that she couldn't have gotten it more "right." She poured out her heart, and I will treasure those pieces of paper always. She's growing into such an amazing, strong, young woman. This weekend also opened my eyes as to how close she actually is to adulthood. Oh man, do I have a pain in my stomach (heart) as I type that. My sister-in-law keeps reminding me that I have to look at it in a positive way--that this is just the start of new beginnings--but my heart aches at the thought of her growing up and moving on! O.k., I can't start this...I'll never be able to stop!....deep breath.....





6 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Alli I'm so glad your party was good-sounds like you have a great group of friends. I wish I could have been there to show your friends how to really cut a rug--that's what the young pups are calling it these days right?
Congrats on your confirmation too--I wish we could have been there.

Lorrie said...

Allison, this was your weekend! You are such an amazing girl, no wonder you have amazing friends! I enjoyed spending the afternoon with you on Sunday-you are such a beautiful person (:

My Lifesong said...

Yes, Allie, this was YOUR weekend. You have such great friends, glad you waited to have the birthday party. And Sunday...thank you for sharing your beginning of your faith journey with us. Like your mom, I was teary-eyed when I read the faith statements. It was so amazing, and I truly believe you have been given a wonderful gift of faith from God. I was so happy to share this day with you.

Kaylyn said...

Amazing! I hope to have the same experience with Avenell one day- just hearing her pour her heart out on what her faith means to her. How special! You are a blessed momma!

Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Julie B said...

Allison, it sounds like you had a great weekend! We wish we could have been there!

Chrissie-so, did you get out there and dance too? I can only imagine how hard it is to see her grow up...I get teary eyed now and I know we still have a bunch of "firsts" to go through....

Chris said...

Julie--I held back from the dancing. You can imagine how hard that was for me. I didn't want to cramp her style. :)