CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 8, 2007

Strap on your skates....


Yes, we started our hockey season this weekend already! Tanner had 2 practices, and we (Chuck and I) started the season with a little dread. I say that, not because we hate the sport--we actually love the games, and cheering them on, but the practices are endless with the numerous and frequent trips across town to the rink. The hockey season goes into March, making it an extremely long season of sitting in a cold rink freezing our buns off on metal bleachers. Tanner is trying out for A squirts this year--which is stressful for them during try-out week. He's in pretty good shape, though, from football, so we don't hear any complaints that he's tired....yet. :) Allison also starts captains practices this week. She's going for varsity goalie. I'm always amazed when I watch her quick moves, and the amazing saves she has. Mitch doesn't start until the end of the month...so we're anticipating many a question as to how many days until he gets to go. He is definetely a "rink rat" which is described as being younger siblings of players that spend as much time at the rinks as their siblings, but just "run around" the rink. His favorite part---the CONCESSION STAND!! We may have to take out a small loan with how much we purchase at the concession stand each season. I have to admit---that's my favorite part, too. :)

So, if you're ever in need of a good action-packed (yet cold) sport to watch, we have plenty of opportunities on our calendar to meet that need. :)

6 comments:

Peace is every step said...

I do NOT know how you do it! It's great that the whole family is enjoying hockey-just think how difficult it would be if half hated it....
PS. I do not have any exciting news. I just had the day off and was trying to get anyone on the phone to gab with :). You didn't miss out, except to hear my kiddos scream in their usual "mom's on the phone" style :).

Lorrie said...

I don't know how you do it either! It makes me tired just watching you guys run around!

My Lifesong said...

Is Ashley back in hockey, too? What a long season!

Chris said...

Dani--I'm glad I didn't miss anything...although I missed talking to you! :(

No, Ashley decided NOT to do hockey this year...thank God! :) I'd be pulling my hair out, yet again, this year.

Julie B said...

I don't know how you do it either! I think sports are so great for kids, BUT they seem so completely time-consuming! Is it all sports or just hockey?
Is Ashley doing something else instead?

Chris said...

Yeah, they are time consuming, but mainly for the parents. Our kids are in one sport each, but the time consuming part is on us--driving each one to practice, running from game to game, etc. Ashley is doing volleyball right now (today's her last day), then she's going to try out for some plays this winter.