CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Student registrations, MealPay, Payschools....

We are in the throws of registrations. Man, I didn't realize there was so much information! My brain is swimming...I can't imagine what the kids are going through.
The girls and I met with their school counselor last week and got their schedules and a tour of the school. A little confusing, to say the least. I hope they give out maps for them.
One major surprise I received that day.......school fees! We've never had to pay more than $25.00 for a registration fee at our previous school...here you have to pay for your textbooks, materials, some tests, uniforms for phy ed. and numerous other add-ons. I was completely shocked when they told me the total for the 2 girls----over $300.00! I was speechless. I had another heart palpitation when I registered Tanner and was informed of HIS fees......over $300.00 for HIM ALONE!! How can people afford to send their kids to PUBLIC school??? Don't our taxes go towards books and materials? I haven't even checked to see if they're charging my 2nd grader to attend school yet. All that doesn't include lunches, or year books, or activity passes.......sigh.........I just don't get it.

On to other news......Allison joined the marching band and has made a couple friends already. I'm happy for her, and anxious for Ashley to start school and meet people. It makes a new move so much better. I want their evenings filled with parties (with nice kids :) ), football games, bonfires, movies. After a quiet summer, I'm ready to start taxiing them around again. I love hearing the stories they come home with as they meet and get to know new people.
Both girls start this Friday. Say a little prayer for them.

For me, the start of the school year will bring a fresh start for me as well. My plan is to find a J.O.B.!!! This process is completely foreign to me...I don't know the first thing about writing a resume. AHHHH the anxiety!!! Chuck tries to give me pointers and advice and I just get annoyed. I know it's because I'm scared and nervous, and I don't have a lot of confidence in this area, and I don't mean to take it out on him. I know this will be really good for me, I'll probably love getting out in the world again, needless to say, help ease the stress on Chuck, too. It's just that dang comfort zone again. I have to face the fact that my kids are older and I have to start thinking about ME again. Something I haven't done in 17 yrs. Scary stuff. Who am I? What do I like to do? All questions I haven't asked in years.

On a different note:

This weekend I take off to Spokane for the wedding of my baby brother. I'm so excited for the both of them. And, also, very excited to be getting such a WONDERFUL sister-in-law. Maja, you are amazing....and the perfect woman for Adam. I can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend. You better have some good dancin' shoes. Us LeBon's are dancin' fools! :)

I'll post more later--with tons of pictures, I'm sure! I apologize for such a random post. I think I may have had too much coffee this morning. :)

3 comments:

Phil said...

Wow that's a lot of money for school! I paid eight dollars today for my registration lol. Well it sounds like things are goin great! I'm glad Allison is making new friends even if it means she won't not have time for me anymore. I hope Ashley has a great start to her high school career. She's super likeable so I know she'll make tons of friends! well ttyl.. -phil

Julie B said...

yikes! That is alot of moola for fees to a public school!! What do they do if you can't afford them?
Greg said the schools down here have been tacking on fees like that as well...just crazy!

Have a great weekend! I am just so sad, although I know it was the best decision for us right now :( We are taking Analese to Dutch Wonderland for her bday on Sunday, hopefully it will help make me feel better. Give Luci lots of kisses for me too!

Kaylyn said...

I have never heard of registration fees!! Wow- public school there is not cheap!

I can't wait to see pics of the wedding!
Oh- and praying for the job situation!