CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Finally...pictures of ooooOOOOOklahoma!

Yes, I'm finally getting pictures of the musical in my computer! I have hardly sat down at the computer this week.


Ashley did WONDERFULLY in the musical--it was very cute and well done. I received many compliments on how much she looked like my sis Lorrie up there on stage. All I could see was myself. I am amazed at how much I recall my own adolescence while watching my teenage daughters. I see the same insecurities as I felt (my 14th year was the suckiest), but also the same joy and drama and close friendships. It's so weird thinking that I'm not the center of their world anymore, but so proud of the strong young women they are becoming.


Ashley and her friend Carlee
Ashley with Alaina and Jonnie
Ashley (5th on the left) at the cast party-yes, Mom, you're embarrassing!
The rest of the week was filled with cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. We showed the house to the realtors, met with the moving company to get a quote, attended Allison's band concert--which always blows me away--and Lenten services and confirmation at church. Yes, and it's only Thursday! This weekend we are off to the cities for Tanner's last hockey tournament. Chuck has a ton of stuff to do and is a little overwhelmed at the moment--on top of that, I think he's getting sick. We knew it would be hectic these last 2 weeks before he leaves, but ya throw in sickness and it makes it a ton worse. BUT....I refuse to post about sickness!
Oh yeah, one more thing--Tanner is fine. We took him to the doctor to check his stomach and they put him on Zantac for a few months to see if it helps at all. No appendicitis!! YAY!
We're getting geared up for our road trip next weekend--and Mitchell's 7th Birthday! I can't forget THAT!! He is so pumped. We are going to have a party with his friends when we return. My baby...........7 yrs. old.......sniff sniff.

7 comments:

Julie B said...

aww, I would have LOVED to have seen it!
Hopefully Chuck is not getting sick, or that he is over it soon! And yeah for Tanner not having appendicitis! You know, I wrote on your post about that but I don't see it there now...hmmmmm. Anyway, I remember just dragging my right leg around because it hurt so bad to lift it!

Anyway, WHERE are you moving to? Please tell me, as Greg keeps asking me! I can't believe your roadtrip is next weekend, I am sure there are lots to do. I can't wait to hear how it goes.....

Chris said...

Julie--I have no idea where your post is. Blogger has been eating up a lot of things lately. I was loading up pictures yesterday, and just when they were about all in, blogger ate them and I had to start over....ugh! Hate it when that happens.

Tell Greg that Chuck has an apartment in Lakewood for the time being. We are looking at Evergreen as the area we want to live. It's right in the mountains, not too far from Chuck's work (like 15 minutes), the schools are smaller, we can get to Denver in 30 minutes or so, and it is just breathtakingly (is that a word?) beautiful. You should google it. :)

Julie B said...

I have been having problems posting comments as well lately too...wonder what is going on?

Evergreen looks beautiful! I can't wait to show Greg tonight :) He was naming off all these places he hoped you were moving close too, and kept saying "if its close to this...we'll definitely move" etc. and I told him that anything is closer then where we are now and that I am willing, he just has to say the word....

Chris said...

Oh my Gosh!! I wish he would say the word! Would love to live by you guys! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone else???

Lorrie said...

Hey, I'm in! Not sure if my life partner is, however...
I love the cast party pic-that's a whole lot of braces!! Ashley looked beautiful up there on stage-she is such a natural-I guess I could see a little of me in her up there, but more so you (:
It is so hard to believe that this is Chucks last week-remember I will be here to help you with anything while he is away (:

My Lifesong said...

Chris, I talked to someone we know who has a brother who teaches in Lakewood, and says it is in Jefferson County, which is a good school district.
Hope Mitch enjoys his birthday with friends this weekend.

Peace is every step said...

What in the word? I posted a comment soooo many days ago and it has disapeared.

I LOVE seeing pictures of Ashley! I wish I could see her full costume a bit better!

Mitchie-7! I can't believe how big all our little boys are getting.

Lorrie-don't even think about it. Your up North life partner doesn't agree either. :) But Julie-CO is much closer!!! Are you joking about this or are you serious?!?!