CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I love about my 7 yr. old...

The excitement you have when it is your special day---your songfest, your hockey game, your Grandparents Day, your movie night at school, your birthday. I think that being the 4th child, you attend so many things for your siblings that you just love when we attend something just for you. Your excitement is contagious, and watching you beam when you see us in the crowd makes my heart soar.




You have the funniest sense of humor. Everyone says how quiet you are, but I know the truth. :) You know just how to make us all laugh, and you are very quick witted. You remind me a lot of your Auntie Lorrie in that way.




You love to learn and to read. You're like a sponge and suck up so much knowledge. Your reading skills are incredible, and I love to listen to all the new words you learn.

You are very organized and I love that about you--probably because I'm not. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'M the Mom because you are always one step ahead of me. :) You do your homework before I tell you, have your planner out for me to sign even before I remember you have a planner :), you know what day is library day and always have your books in your backpack ready to go, your room is as neat as a pin and if I mention anything about making beds you are in there before I get it out of my mouth. The great thing about you is that you never stress over it, you just do it because you like to. :)

I love that your favorite thing to do is to get cozy with Mom and Dad (mostly Mom) on the couch. You still love to be curled up on my lap. I think if you had your way, you would crawl back in the womb. :)




You love your family and being home with all of us. If you had a choice between going somewhere or staying home, you always pick staying home, and we LOVE having you home.


I love how active you are in sports. You would attempt to play all sports, given the chance. There isn't a sport you don't like and you always give your all.




There are so many things I love about you, and this is just a sampling. You are an incredible kid, and the 7 yrs. we've had with you have been amazing. You have such a special place in our family, and life wouldn't be the same without you.




Happy Birthday, little man! We love you to bits!








5 comments:

My Lifesong said...

What a great tribute to your youngest child! Yes, he does remind me of Lorrie. Everyone thought she was so quiet, but her quick wit, and hilarious comments were so much a part of her. I will miss his growing , but glad we could share some of his seven years with him. Happy Birthday, little man!

Peace is every step said...

Oh Mitchie. You are the sweetest boy. Happy birthday!

Lorrie said...

Awww, very sweet! I love the faces of Mitchell (: He is such a sweetheart, just like his auntie (:
Happy Birthday, again and have fun in Colorado this week!!! Can't wait to see pictures when you guys get back!

Anonymous said...

Aww...

I'm not someone you know, for sure. I just was searching something on google (Can't remember what now) and came across this page. It was so sweet, and it made me want to call my mother to remind her of a book we used to read called "The Seven Year Old Wonder Book". I don't know if that's something you and your son would be interested in, but I -loved- curling up and reading to my mom, or having her read to me.
I hope this doesn't come across as too forward or anything, since I'm just some random person that came across your page. =3

So, anyway, I left my myspace if you did want to contact me.

Bye! ^___^

Chris said...

Alison--
Thank you for stopping by. You are welcome to anytime! Thank you for the book idea as well. I'm going to look into that one.
This is funny, I have a daughter named Allison and thought that your post was from her. :)