CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Playing in the gym, a hockey win, saying goodbye...

Thursday was a morning of fun for Sawyer and I. I took him to a local gym that I used to take my kids to, to let him run and play with other kids. It brought back so many memories of my days with toddlers and preschoolers. He was a little leary at first, but joined the big kids in a short time.



He wasn't too sure about these girls tying him up. :

After that, him and I went out for lunch. I love having him to myself! Spending a day with a toddler--especially one I love so much--is such a joy to me. I so miss those days with my own...yes, they do grow too fast.



After school on Friday, Chuck and I took our brood to the cities for a hockey tournament. We stayed with his sister, who has a condo there, to save a little money. Believe me, we filled that two-bedroom condo to the rim! It was definitely a slumber party...with sleeping bags, air mattresses and couch sleepers. We had a lot of fun, even though we ALL had head colds. We got movies and junk food and curled up with blankets and our warm knitted slippers. Exactly what we needed...

Tanner's team lost the first two games, but came back and won the last. It was great to finish the year with a win. It was a little sad afterward in the locker room, as this was the end of our hockey days with the Cardinals.



After our final win...


A happy group in the locker room.


We chased home soon after to make it to Allison's award banquet for her hockey season. We were all pretty surprised when her coach announced that we were leaving, and had Alli go up and make a speach. I think it was to cover up the fact that HE got choked up. Alli did great....and her Mom was a blubbering idiot.




Some of her teammates.


Receiving her award and stats...


Giving her 'goodbye' speach...


2 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Alli-that must have been hard to do. You will surely be missed by soooo many people.


including the LeBon Gort family.

XOXOXO

Lorrie said...

It is so funny to see my son on your blog (: I love it!
Allison, you look so beautiful in the pictures and that must have been so hard, but wow to know everyone loves you and will miss you so much must feel good (: Way to go Tanner on your tournament, too!