CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Getting down to the wire...

Updates on this week:


Ashley's been busy with dress rehearsals and first performances this week. They had their first performance last night of....ooooooOOOOOOklahoma......and it was soooo good! I'll have to post pictures this weekend, as I forgot my camera last night. We were running late due to Tanner having the stomach flu, but REALLY wanting to go. :( Poor boy, he couldn't even sit up, but he didn't want to miss Ashley's first performance. Ashley sang beautifully, and looked soooo much like myself up there. I had comments afterwards about how much she looks like Lorrie. She's just beautiful!


Like I said...Tanner has the stomach flu and is home again today with it. He's feeling pretty rotten. On Wednesday night I had a fear that it was his appendix...he was complaining about a pain in his right side and around his naval, but the worst pain was in his back. He even said no to his friends when they called to ask him to go skating 'cause it hurt so bad. Craziness...... That night I told my worries to Chuck and even said, "If he starts vomiting, then we should worry." Of course, I jinxed myself, as that night he came running in our room saying his throat felt funny. I asked if he was going to throw up, and he said "YES!" Needless to say, he made it in the bathroom, but NOT in the toilet. :( I actually couldn't stop laughing while I was cleaning it up....Chuck was standing behind me, trying to be helpful, and had a towel wrapped around his face while he was dry-heaving. What would he do without me? :)

I asked Tanner right away if his side and back still hurt and he said no. He was sick on the couch all day yesterday, and is there again today. He is finally eating and drinking today, but still isn't well enough for school. What do you think? Should I have brought him in? You would think if it was appendix, he's still be sick and in pain, right? Lookin' for wisdom here....


I have been busy getting the house in order. We have a couple showings this weekend and early next week. I'm so sick of scrubbing bathrooms. Sawyer's been 'helping' me by playing in the toilet every time I turn my back. Such fun! Pretty soon it was a game, since I had 5 toilets to clean. YUCK!


In my spare time...yeah right...I was able to knit a pair of slippers that Mitch has been waiting, not so patiently, for. They need to be felted one more time for good measure. Here is a quick picture:


I found a pattern for kids felted clog slippers. I have an adult pair, and I wouldn't have made it through the winter without them. They are fabulous! Let me know if you're interested in some. I can whip them out pretty fast.
Tomorrow we are trying to get our friends to come over for one last hurrah with Chuck before he leaves. We are down to two weeks, and next weekend we have Tanner's final hockey tournament. He says he is getting really excited. I don't know if he's excited about being single for 2 1/2 months, or getting there and starting his new job. I'm hoping for the latter. :) I'm just excited to go there and look around. Not excited about the single parenting, though......patience.....patience.
Please say a prayer that our house sells quickly. That is foremost on our minds right now.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! TGIF!!!

5 comments:

Sharyn said...

Sounds like you have had a busy week with sick kids! Okay, Chris, not to scare you, but that is how it started out with Courtney's appendicitis. She was throwing up and had diarrhea. If the pain comes back, take him and get it checked. Courtney did have any pain in her side, but just had the throwing up and diarrhea and then became dehydrated... that was the reason that we took her into the ER and then at that time found she had appendicitis. Just keep an eye on him. I get so depressed thinking you guys are moving away. I know this is going to be a new adventure for all (even us since we can come visit). I know we don't ever see one another, but I am still going to miss you guys so much! We need to do a girls weekend before you leave, okay??

Peace is every step said...

Is the whole world sick or what?!?!? I know right now is a rough spot to bring him in...but if he continues with it, I'd say bring him in. Poor guy!!! I hope it isn't that!

I can't believe it's getting so close for Chuck to go-sniff-sniff. I'm still in denial.

Lorrie said...

I am still in denial, too! When you wrote about the last hurrah with Chuck it seems that he will be going but not you guys....:(
Tanner worries me because it has been going on for awhile...I know you are like me and don't want to bring him in until there are definite signs slapping you in the face (: Hopefully he is feeling better tonight-I'll call tomorrow to see how he is doing, so wait by the phone (:
I would love a pair of slippers if your offering-how much do you charge? I would actually like a pair for my whole family!!

Chris said...

O.k. Sharyn...you are scaring me to death!! Tanner doesn't have the pain in his side anymore, BUT, he played hockey yesterday, and cried on the bench 'cause his tummy hurt so bad. The coaches have never seen him like that before. THEN, last night we were up ALLLLL night, every half hour or so with diarrhea. It's quite bad. I'm worried about dehydration, too, as water goes right through him. O.k. now that I'm writing all this down, it sounds so bad. He is up playing around and teasing his brother, singing like his normal self, so it's hard to see him as sick. I think a trip to the doc is in need. I'll update tomorrow.

The move is getting really close, isn't it? I think I'm also in denial. Yes, we're excited that we have a ton of visitors already planning trips out there, but, you're right, it's not the same. I'll miss all of you soooo much. :(
We HAVE to have a sister's weekend. When we return from Colorado over spring break, we have NOTHING on the calendar. All the kids are done with thier activities, so I'll be open for anything!

allison said...

you are tagged!!