CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Settling in...

O.k. so we've settled in. Our cable was hooked up late last week, and the kids have resumed their positions. I was missing the fact that we could order a movie whenever we wanted, and couldn't wait to get cable hooked up. Now, I'm regretting it. The kids don't want to do a thing anymore. They are completely content (most of the time) watching a show or two, and not going outside. I think it's time I put a time limit on again.

This past weekend we stayed home, cleaned out the garage (well....Chuck and Tanner did). We feel a little bit more organized now. It was extremely hard to stuff our other 4-stall garage into one stall, but Chuck made it work. We can't fit our van in there, but I'm happy for the extra storage space. :)

On Saturday night Chuck and I went to check out the nightlife here in Evergreen. We had a lot of fun, listened to a couple of really good bands, and met some really nice people. All night all I could think of was, "Man, our friends would love this place!"

On Sunday we all went out for lunch, then bought some bird feeders. I know---BIG DEAL---but, the more things I get to make it home, the better. Here is my bird feeder out my kitchen window:


I have yet to have one bird eat out of it yet. It may be a little too close to my kitchen window. :)
And here is my hummingbird feeder out front:
We saw our first hummingbird last night. :)
Yesterday, the kids and I tried to eat at a really cool resteraunt for lunch, then tried to see a local museum, but BOTH are closed on Mondays. Who knew?? We may try that again today.
Tomorrow we have another concert by the lake! I'm really excited for this one, 'cause we met the lead singer of the band that will be performing. She is such a neat person. We didn't know she was a local celebrity till the end of the night. :) We had so much fun. She has a Dixie Chick/bluegrass/celtic sound which is really interesting. The kids and I are planning on getting there really early to set up chairs, then renting paddle boats and hanging by the lake for the afternoon. I'm sure pictures will follow.

4 comments:

Julie B said...

I love the bird feeders! I would be just as excited, and I agree, its important if it makes you feel more settled and more at home.
Glad you guys are getting out and meeting people! The concerts by the lake sound great! Again, I am jealous. I hope you all have fun tonight!
And yes-put a limit on the TV :)

Lorrie said...

Can't wait to hear how the concert was. Glad you are making some homey purchases and I love the bird feeders! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!

Peace is every step said...

Love the bird feeders too! Outdoor concerts are THE BEST and my favorite summer thing around here too. I can't believe how awful I am for not calling you yet. I think about you guys every day.

I also love your new cover photo. I wish I could see you in a few weeks.

Chris said...

Dani-I wish I could see you, too. August will be here sooner than we think. The more I get to know this town and the people in it, the more I think of you and Shawn. Even Chuck says that he thinks you and Shawn would LOVE it here. It's full of everything you love....art, music, bike trails, etc. Everyone is so out-doorsie here. You know how out-doorsie I am! ;) Wherever we go, if there is music, you'll always find someone dancing--not caring what they look like. It's so uplifting, I LOVE IT!!
Lorrie--can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. Get out the air mattress! Then again, I may have to curl up next to Sawyer and smell his sweet smell.
Julie--yes, it is the little things that make it home, I think. And, yes, I'm starting the time limit on the t.v. :)