CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Denver Zoo, 'Outlaw' game, Gay pride festival????

That sums up our Saturday, pretty much....except the Gay pride Festival.


To start out, on Saturday we took off to the Zoo. It was a perfect day...low 80's and sunny....and the zoo was pretty busy. The great thing about this zoo is, it may be really busy, but it doesn't FEEL busy. We never had to wait in line, or in the back row to see an animal. I love this zoo. The animals are up so close to the people. My favorite?? The gorillas, of course. Mitch's favorite? The penguins....which ended up being the ONLY animal that wasn't available to view. That was a bummer. :(








After a few hours at the zoo (my kids are wimps when it comes to hot weather) we headed downtown to check out Denver. We noticed a huge festival going on, and we looked and looked for a parking space, which we couldn't find. We were wondering what the festival was, and Chuck wanted to go really bad. The kids were tired out from the zoo and put up a fuss about walking around in the heat again. So, as we were driving, we noticed a group of people walking to the festival.....dressed head to toe in purple--crazy hair and all--and one of them turned around and their cheeks were hanging out. The cheeks you don't want to see. Then, it dawned on me that it was the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual festival. I was laughing so hard. I could just imagine us walking downtown and not knowing what was going on. It would have been a real eye-opener for the kids! :)
That evening we went to the 'Outlaws' game at Invesco Field. Invesco is where the Bronco's play. The 'Outlaws' are Colorado's professional lacrosse team. Tanner is really interested in lacrosse right now, and was entranced at the game. It is a lot like hockey (without the ice), and it was a very exciting game. Tanner loved it---and Mitch loved the food!
That was a very fun day!
On Sunday we stayed home and Chuck worked on the deck. We are now able to walk on it without fear of it collapsing. :) The girls and I painted their rooms. I can't wait to show these colors. My girls like color!
Today is a beautiful day! I'm thinking SWIMMING!!!
Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

So do you guys have a pool around you? Sounds like you are keeping busy-glad you got the deck fixed, I didn't want to read about a trip to the ER...(:

Chris said...

No, Lorrie, we don't have a pool around us--we have a reservoir at the bottom of the mountain. It's basically a little lake with a beach. I guess it's filled with crawdads (have no idea how to spell that), but it's what I heard everyone on the beach talking about. All the kids there were catching them, but my kids were a little to freaked out by the whole thing.
We're hoping to go to a water park this weekend.

Peace is every step said...

What is a crawdad??? Like a crayfish?
Keep the posts coming!

Julie B said...

I love seeing all the photos-you guys have been busy! How is everyone adjusting?

Chris said...

I'm thinking that a crawdad is like a crayfish. I didn't have the pleasure of seeing one. I was a little creeped out walking in the water, not knowing what a crawdad is! :)
I think everyone is adjusting o.k. I think some days are better than others. Last night was hard on Allison, and I know she misses Phil like crazy. She's counting down the days until we go back home. If we keep busy, then Ashley doesn't complain at all. She's been in a great mood since we got here. (????) The boys just want to go,go,go all the time. It's like they can't see enough.
I'm a little lonesome for my friends and sisters. I think I need a little adult time. Chuck and I are going out to happy-hour tonight, I think. I'm getting a little cranky. :)

My Lifesong said...

Sorry, I just got the chance to read your blog. sounds like you've been keeping busy, exploring the area. Love the pictures. Hmmm, I wonder what colors the girls picked out for their room? Glad, too, that the deck is walkable on. Do crawdads bite?