CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. It's been quite the Holiday season! I've never been one to make resolutions, but this year I have a few:


1. THINK POSITIVE!!! There is always something positive that comes from every situation--even though it doesn't seem like it at the time. Sometimes things happen that you don't want to happen, but in the long run it is what's best. I have to keep remembering that.


2. BUDGET!! Yes, we are on a strict budget. We've never really been on one as it's hard to know what hubby will bring in every month. Owning your own business makes your income fluctuate month by month, but we are going to be better about keeping track of everything we spend...and not spend frivolously. We have a child entering college in a few years, for goodness sake! Yikes!


3. EXERCISE EVERY DAY!! I vow to, at least, do something---anything---every day! I have gained 12 pounds in the last year, which, to some might not be a lot, but to me it is. And it's all in my belly! So, I'm getting off my butt and sweatin' a little. I'm going to try new things, also. I'm going to get back into yoga, buy some cross country skiis and GET OUT THERE!!


4. EAT HEALTHY!! I'm very tired of the processed food route. I have to retrain my hubby, though, too. He's so proud of himself when he finds a "deal" on 'Hamburger/Tuna/Chicken Helper' and comes home with 5 boxes or so for a dollar. I told him, kindly, "just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's good for you." I'm going to be a little clever in disguising vegetables in our meals, too. My little one thinks he's going to die if he eats a broccoli 'tree' (as he puts it).


So, that's basically it! I predict that this year will bring many changes to our family. God has a lot in store for us, I think.


Happy New Year everyone! Love you all!

7 comments:

Kaylyn said...

So about Resolution #4- have you heard of the book "Deliciously Deceptive" by Jerry Seinfield's wife?? Check it out!! It's all kinds of recipes that no one would know have veggie purees in it!!It's a great way to sneak in the veggies!!

Chris said...

Thanks Kaylyn! I'll check it out!

Peace is every step said...

Happy New Year!!! For a good place for low-cost cross country skiis on a budget, check out play it again sports. I've gotten both mine there for under $30.00, and boots under 20.

Chris said...

Thanks, Dan. I'm thinking I better get some soon, before our snow is all gone. :( We are well-known at our Play it Again, with all our hockey purchases and skate sharpening. They are very helpful, too.
I'm thinking I may have to go up north to use them! :)

Julie B said...

Great resolutions! I have to tell you, ever since we gave up eating processed foods, we have never felt better! And this winter we have been soo much healthier as well-knock on wood, but the girls haven't been sick in months!

Lorrie said...

Great resolutions!! Maybe we will have to get off our butts and do some sweatin together some days (:

Peace is every step said...

Yes! Yes! Come up North! My friend and I just finished a late night ski in the DARK and couldn't have had more fun. Except for the thought of wolves that entered our brain halfway thru. They've been spotted on the trails & I got a bit freaked out--but oh, so fun!!!!