CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

A week of New Beginnings.....and old sicknesses

My first week on my new job! What a week it has been. We've been hard at work cleaning the classroom, cleaning the toys, and brainstorming on how to decorate this newly constructed room. The walls are bare--no color to them yet, unless you count the light tan that was freshly painted over the summer. My brain has been busy trying to recollect the ECFE rooms my kids attended. They were always so full of color, with a million activities filling up every inch of space. I want to turn this space into something like that, but the program here has hardly any funding to work with. I want to dig out my paintbrushes and paint a huge tree on one very bare wall. I have yet to summon up the courage to act on it. I guess I'm afraid that if I suggest it I'll actually have to DO it. :)
I really love the women of this program. It should be a very fun work atmosphere. They are all so kind and excited about their jobs and the kids. We've planned some holiday activities that will really help the community, and I'm anxious to get my kids involved.

As far as the rest of the family.....sickness has, once again, hit our house. From diarrhea, sore throats to ear infections. Ashley is finally going to the doc today. This has hung on too long. She woke up this morning not being able to taste anything or hear anything on her left side. So, the hunt for a new doctor is in the works.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I've been dying to decorate for Halloween and Fall, but my darling hubby says that it's too early for that! He still wants summer and all the beautiful weather. Fall is my favorite time......cooler weather (even though I hate dragging out warmer shoes. I'm such a sandal person), apple crisp, crock pot beef stew, fires in the fireplace, football Sundays (goooo Vikings), pumpkin pie spiced candles.......I could go on....and on......

5 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Have you checked out Kaylyn's blog on what she did at her church with murals? Amazing! I'm glad you're liking it. How exciting to be at the beginning with many possibilities. I find that the less money you have for programs, the more creative and rich they can become.

Yuck on the sickness. Our kids haven't had the beginning school bugs yet-knock on wood!

I had a dream we moved to Denver and I taught at the University of Colarado. The funny part is that we lived in your basement in a closet. All four of us. You bastards.

XOXOXO

Chris said...

I promise if you moved here I wouldn't make you live in the basement closet....even though that's equivalent to the size of our basement bedroom. :)
I would LOVE to have you in Denver! Please...please look for a job at CU!!! Maybe it's a sign.
We've all been very homesick lately. I don't think we'll make it to the holidays without a visit.

I've been thinking about Kaylyn's mural soooo much. I just love the dots on the trees. I'll have to see what the lead teacher has in mind. Who knows, I may be posting some artwork pictures of my own.

Ashley was diagnoses with strep throat yesterday. Right after we got home I came down with a terrible sickness, too. I don't think it's strep, as my throat doesn't hurt at all, but every joint aches and I can't get off the couch. Pray I get over this before Monday...the start of our classes!

I love hearing from you, Dani...I miss you immensely.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Julie B said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! I hope you have a wonderful first day of work!

I love the idea of a mural. I painted a huge one in the children's room at the shelter...I spent so many extra hours just painting. I loved it. I painted a jungle scene with monkeys swinging in trees :)

I hope the kids are feeling better (and that you didn't get it)

I can't even think about decorating for fall just yet...it was 91 degrees outside today!

My Lifesong said...

I, too, am exciting about your job, and all the wonderful possibilities. You definitely need color. You can get ideas from coloring books. I know you all will come up with a great decor. Sorry to hear about the yuck going thru the family, but glad you found out what's ailing Ashley. Rest, and be well tomorrow. I really miss you all, too.

Lorrie said...

Glad to hear you still love the job! I can't wait to see how it went after having the kids there. Sawyer and I start this Friday and I will probably be thinking about you the whole time (: Sawyer and I drove by your house and yes, the weeds are up to the windows-it looks very rustic (: I also got REALLY sad when I looked at it and it just seemed like you should still be there. I think it just hit me again that you are gone-honestly, I think my brain thinks this is only temporary and you will be back soon......):
Sorry to hear about all the sickness starting up again-at least is wasn't just being in Minnesota that triggered it (: Also, I totally think you should do the tree mural in the room!