CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Very busy lady...






I have been very busy this last week...but an exciting busy, to say the least.
First off....after 17 yrs. of being a stay-at-home Mom, I now am part of the working class! Yes, I got a job offer this week...and I snatched it up as fast as I could. This is my dream job, I tell ya! I've been so excited, and didn't think I had a chance, but after a quick description of myself and all of my volunteer work through the years she offered me an interview. My interview was 45 minutes long, went extremely well (I loved these women), and they offered me the job that afternoon. So...what will I be doing? I'm officially an ECFE teacher's aide. I only work a couple hours in the morning to start off, get to work with my favorite ages (babies and toddlers!!!), and I have the same vacation days as the kids. I went to an all-day training yesterday (which was exhausting--I haven't used my brain for that many consecutive hours in a long time) and everyone there said how excited they were that they found me! Yay ME!!! O.k....I'm done bragging on myself. :)

Today, Mitchell had his field day at school, and I was in charge of the refreshment table. It is 55 degrees out today and very misty....FREEZING to say the least. Not ready for this weather yet! I met some great women today, and had a blast. But now I'm home and trying to warm up my feet.

I've been knitting a ton. I'll spoil the surprise for some...but I've been making the CUTEST winter hats. I'll post a few pics and I want you to give me feedback. If you'd like to claim one as your own...let me know!



My favorite......toddler size 2--they stretch--made of soft wool.

Blue and oatmeal....toddler size 2


Cream with blue polka dots....size 12 months


Oatmeal...size 2 to 3


Large blue, cream and green stripes--size 10 to 12 (kids)

Cream colored--size 3 to 6 months

More colors are to come. I've been trying to use up my scrap yarn, but if any of you want a certain color, I can whip one out in a couple hours. They are so chunky and warm. I'm thinking of making myself one, too. :)

7 comments:

Julie B said...

I LOVE THEM,,and would love some for the girls!! Have you given any thought to selling them online? I could help you make a website if you'd like! I think you would do very well...your so talented!

Congrats again on the job!

Chris said...

Hey, thanks Julie! I can get your girls' hats done in a few days. What colors do you want? What are their favorite colors? I can do any, or all, of their favorites in one hat.
I've been thinking of setting up a website, and would definitely need some help. You should email me some ideas. Only when you get a chance, though, I don't want to add another stress to your life right now. :)

Julie B said...

I would love it if you could make some for the girls...Analese's favorite color is pink ( of course!) so different shades of pink would be perfect, OR a rainbow hat, as she is pretty obsessed with rainbows :)
Mara is pretty easy going, I would love one like the first hat you made for her:)
I will definitely send you some ideas when I get a chance :)

Kaylyn said...

Congrats on the job!!

I would love a hat for Avenell too! You should sell them! They are super cute!!!

Lorrie said...

I totally want a hat for Sawyer and Jonnie! They are so cute and yes, you should sell them!!!I am not picky on color and I do not know what there winter coats will look like, so neutral colors work best (:
Again congrats on the job. I can't wait to hear how it is going!

Chris said...

O.k. ladies...I'll get those knitting needles warmed up. I'll be heading to a yarn store this weekend, so I'll be stocked and ready to go!

Peace is every step said...

Yay! I'm actually crying over your new job & must be emotional today:). You are PERFECT for the job & they are lucky to have you!!!!

Your hats are amazing-yes, sell them. I'd snatch some up in a second.