CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mitchell's football party



Mitchell-my full-back and corner back! He has definitely found his sport. He has always been one that gives it his all, never gives up, and never complains. He is a coaches dream..does exactly what he is told. As a mom of a 3rd grade tackle football player, I have to say that it was very hard to see my sweet, mild-mannered boy come home covered in bruises. I mean WELTS! I would force him to put some ice on a few of them just in case we had to go see a doctor or something. I didn't want to be written up as an abuser.

He would never complain, jump in the car when I said it was time to go to practice (which was 3 days a week).

I can't say enough about his coaches. His head coach played football for West Point and has a philosophy of fun, learning the game of football, and if we happen to win a few games that's just a bonus. He teaches the kids that, like in life, in football you will be knocked down. He teaches them to get back up and persevere. And persevere he does. He gives it his all every day.

One week we had some players down with illnesses and Mitch had to play the entire game--every play without a break. It was a very hot day in Denver, and he played his heart out.

WE ARE SO PROUD OF HIM!!








Here he is thanking his coaches and parents.





We love his team and their parents. We look forward to many more years together, watching our boys grow as a team, in their friendships and ours. Thanks for making our first year GREAT!

4 comments:

Peace is every step said...

Wow, tackle!?!? I can just about imagine how hard it would be not to run out and rock his little body when he gets hit. Glad he loves it so much!

Peace is every step said...

Oh, and YAY FOR YOU BLOGGING AGAIN!!!!!! Miss you like crazy.

Lorrie said...

Oh, Mitch-what a stud in your uniform! Jonnie will love this post. He thinks he's the best football player but he has yet to play...(: I can't believe he got up there and actually talked-I don't think any of mine would have the courage to!

My Lifesong said...

I can't believe that's Mitchie in a football uniform! Looking good! But as a mom, so hard to watch, esp. with all those bruises afterwards. What a great player. No wonder you're so proud of him.