CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank God it's Friday!!!

Oh...how I love Fridays! I think I say that every week. :) We've had a busy week of late nights, working on homework, Tanner's band concert (which we had to drive down the mountain to shop for clothes) last night, then coming home to TONS of homework for him. It never fails...he waits until the night before to get his reports done. After repeated times of being frustrated and disappointed, last night I just shook my head and said, "Let's get it done." He pays the consequence the next morning....and I guess I do, too. Some day he'll learn......right?......please.....

So, tonight we are getting cozy by a fire and watching 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'. We are watching the neighbor girls tonight, and plan on having a great movie night with popcorn and pizza. Tomorrow I'm taking the neighbor girls, and mine if they want to go, to a Christmas Festival/Craft Fair at one of the local high schools. Part of the proceeds benefit the program where I work.

My family and I are trying to come up with a Christmas theme this year. We've brainstormed and came up with a 'Green' theme....or a 'Cozy' theme....or a 'White' theme. If anyone else has any great ideas, let me know. This should be really fun.

It's been cold and windy the last couple days. It still seems so strange to see all the skiers in the area. We don't have to drive very far to the nearest ski resort--like 20 minutes--but we don't have snow here yet, so it feels strange knowing it's not too far away. We have the best views of snow capped mountains. I'll have to snap a picture for you all. Even though it's beautiful and brisk outside, I can't get my butt outside to walk. Lorrie, you'll appreciate this, but Danielle, I expect to get a lashing from you...but MY EARS!!! I can't get over the frigid ear pain. If it gets below 50 degrees, my ears hurt like he**. Yes, I know, ear muffs will do the trick, but how embarrassing.....it's 50 degrees and everyone here is wearing shorts...and I'm wearing ear muffs. I'm a Minnesotan.....toughen up, girl!!

All in all...things are good. We still have our ups and downs with the move, and all the adjustments. We've found a great church, and a pastor we LOVE. He is only 40, and we have so much fun with him. He's very youth oriented, and has embraced the kids. I'm anxious for the girls to sign up for everything they offer, but the girls are slow to warm up. Ashley would do everything, but she doesn't want to do it alone. Allison always has so much homework, and really hasn't wanted to do much in the evening. I'm encouraging them to try ONE thing, then it'll be easier to jump in the second time.

So, life goes on. Most days I'm dazzled at the beauty surrounding me and really do feel happy. I'm thankful for all that we have, and that we're together. Of course, I miss my family and friends. I try so hard not to be sad sitting at a school function and not knowing a soul. It'll come, I'm told....but I want friends NOW!! :)

I'm off to clean my house! Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Julie B said...

your night sounds heavenly! Anything that doesn't require studying or thinking right now sounds wonderful :)
I am so glad its Friday too! It was so beautiful here-70s and sunny, I got to open our windows again :) Sorry-not to rub it in! I understand how you feel, I am not a cold winter person at all. The girls and I spent the morning at this gym for a birthday party and then went to the park..I have 2 asleep and one to go!

Anyway-it will take some time to adjust, as you know. It took me awhile to adjust here, and I don't think I did until it hit me, that I didn't want to move back to MN (if that makes sense) It's so different then what your going through, I know!

Have a great weekend!

Peace is every step said...

Ears: just get a fleece head wrap! You don't have to be the 80's ear muff girl :).

Sounds like your connections are growing--you have neighbors who trust you with their kids-that's a plus! You're doing all you can and soon it will all fall into place and start naturally building more connections with people. You are just about the most likeable person I know! They'll soon be lining up at your door:).

Lorrie said...

I agree with what the other two said (: I can so relate to the ears and poor Dex hasn't been on a walk in a week or so.....
As Danielle said you are one the most likable people and it sounds like you are making great connections already!

Chris said...

Thank you, you guys. Shucks....

You know, I find that it's easy to make contact with people, but it's so hard to take that next step. You know, like calling and seeing if they want to have dinner or something. I'll let you know how my first initial invite goes...
Thanks for the support, gals.

Lorrie said...

I can so relate to that-fear of rejection......

My Lifesong said...

Chris, it takes time to settle in, feel comfortable in new surroundings, to make you know this is where you want to be. It took us a year before we all felt that it would be OK to be where we were. I missed my family terribly, but I knew I wasn't going back, and so I looked @ where I was, and tried to be involved in the community, and school. It took that aching away somewhat. I still sometimes get such an urge to move back to be closer to my sisters and brothers, but it may not be the same as before. You have a down-to-earth, open soul that will be welcomed by all. Let yourself take that step to friendship.